What title block design would be the best option for a RnB music magazine?

Tuesday 10 September 2013

Prelim: College magazine front cover


As my magazine was based around school, I thought it would be ideal to have a picture of a student as the central image of the magazine. Even though the picture doesn't fit a typical school themed magazine, I thought the image was the better option for the magazine so it doesn't put students of from buying it. I thought it would be better if the central image was something that would gain attention from readers and make them inclined to read the magazine.

To construct the front cover, I simply used the image which I had taken myself using a digital camera, and uploaded it onto the front cover which I was creating using Photoshop. Using Photoshop, allowed me to experiment with different filters, font sizes and styles. I decided to go with a standard font style as I thought if I was to go overboard with the different styles, it would cheapen my magazine and potential readers wouldn't want to read my magazine. 


The image on the front cover is a mid-shot picture of a student. The student in the picture goes to a sixth form which is shown through her smart dressing.




No comments:

Post a Comment